Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A little bit of Monica in my life

I am alleged contributor no more. First post, baby.

We're talking Rose this morning -- the spritely point guard variety. Perhaps only B.J. Armstrong and John Paxson (and anyone who's more than a casual-in-passing Bulls fan) were more excited than I at the Bulls selection in the 2008 NBA Draft. But I was even more excited to learn today that Derrick Rose was nabbed for speeding near where I grew up!

It's an honor.

I've driven I-88 in Chicago's western suburbs countless times. The speed limit is 55 mph, but no one -- not even my 90-year-old grandmother -- drives under 80 mph on that highway. If you do, you get honked at. That Derrick was driving over 100 mph is really nothing out of the ordinary for that area. But the fact that he was going for a drive to clear his head? That's just weird. Again, I've driven I-88 in Chicago's western suburbs countless times, but never to clear my head. That's just a waste of gas.

No comments: